Medicalised Bodies, Absent States
Time & Location
About the Event
The full recording of the Session is available:
- On the HIV2020 Online YouTube Channel - the YouTube playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- On the HIV2020 Online Soundcloud Channel - the SoundCloud playlist of the session is available in English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
This session will present the "Guide to Recommendations on comprehensive healthcare for Trans women in Latin America and the Caribbean," a trigger to work on strategies to improve high-quality access to health services as well as treatments. HIV. Considering that in key populations the response to HIV is an unfinished topic andwhere we must work intersectionally.
Discrimination, stigma and exclusion of the trans population, as well as the violation of autonomy, are common practices in public and private health services: against which we must work so that access to quality comprehensive health is reflected in treatment, prevention, care, support, adherence and advice, as the lack of legal recognition of trans identities in Latin America and the Caribbean is one of the main reasons why this population has denied or violated access to the Human Right to health.
Session Program and Information:
- Welcoming remarks and presentation of the Health Guide by Marcela Romero, Regional Coordinator, RedLacTrans
- Approach to the need for this tool by Venus Tejada, RNT Panama, RedLacTrans
- Approach on the lack of tools with first-hand information on the problems related to the health of trans people by Alejandra Soto, RNT Chile, RedLacTrans
- Approach to the historical situation of its elaboration and the advocacy work carried out by the involved OTBNs by Rayza Torriani Garcia, RNT Bolivia, RedLacTrans
- Approach to the purpose of the guide and what are the challenges to be faced in the region by Miluksa Luzquinos, RNT Peru, RedLacTrans
- Approach to the situation in which the production was carried out by Viky Acosta, RNT, Paraguay, RedLacTrans
- Next steps and closing - Approach to what is being worked on by RedLacTrans and what are the next steps on the situation of comprehensive access to health for Trans people by Marcela Romero, Regional Coordinator, RedLacTrans
To engage and discuss with others, please join us at our Facebook Event Page here!